Los Angeles, Calif. (April 19, 2006) â€“ Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix interactive entertainment products in North America, announced today that service is live for FINAL FANTASY XI on Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the all-new expansion pack, Treasures of Aht Urhgan, in North America, Europe and Japan. This is the first ever simultaneous service launch for the title. Available for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system, Windows and Xbox 360 for the first time, FINAL FANTASY XI provides gamers with an endless and ever-evolving gameplay experience set in the vaunted FINAL FANTASY universe.
Born as a result of enormous fan demand, the Treasures of Aht Urhgan is the third expansion to the award-winning, cross-platform massively multi-player online role-playing game (MMORPG). Players will explore the all-new land of Aht Urhgan and embark on daring adventures against new hordes of beastmen. Exciting new modes, such as â€œBesieged,â€ an all-out battle for survival, and â€œAssault,â€ a deadly excursion behind enemy lines, bring new suspense and excitement to one of gamingâ€™s most exhilarating universes. As an added bonus, the Xbox 360 version comes packaged with the Rise of the Zilart, Chains of Promathia and Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion packs.
FINAL FANTASY XI is the first MMORPG capable of simultaneous multiplayer action across three different platforms, allowing players to take up arms together on PlayStation 2, Windows or Xbox 360 whether they are in North America, Europe or Japan.
An all-new storyline arc awaits adventurers who venture to the land of Aht Urhgan. A mysterious influx of monsters has made travel through the regions difficult, separating inhabitants among the regions. Unrelenting beastmen attacks endanger the safety of the Astral Candescence and all brave adventurers in Al Zahbi must take up arms in an all-out effort to protect the Candescence. Adventure, excitement and challenge await those who seek fame, prosperity and acclaim in the land of Vanaâ€™diel.
TREASURES OF AHT URHGAN
* Traverse treacherous mountain peaks, underground volcanoes and sweeping lush environments en route to discovering the mysteries surrounding this completely new area of Vanaâ€™diel
* Experience the land of Aht Urhgan through the eyes of the all-new Blue Mage, Corsair and Puppetmaster jobs
* Take up arms and fight alongside fellow players and NPCs in the all-new Besieged element â€“ fight valiantly in an all-out battle to save Al Zahbi from ruin
* Form an elite party and infiltrate enemy territory in Assault, a new feature where players must depend upon one another for survival
* High level foes such as Cerberus, Trolls and the Undead will test the mettle of veteran and advanced players
FINAL FANTASY XI FOR XBOX 360
* The first multi-platform MMO continues to break new ground with triple-platform integration â€“ play alongside gamers on the PlayStation 2 and Windows versions for seamless cross-platform gameplay
* Xbox Live Gold subscription not required. Players with Xbox Live Silver accounts have full access to the game world and additional updates and content
* Experience the world of Vanaâ€™diel like never before through crystal clear high-definition video on Xbox 360
* Open-ended game world gives players the ability to create multi-job adventurers who develop and grow based on playing style
* Join a community of more than 500,000 players and 1.7 million characters from around the world and on several different platforms
North American service fees remain the same and are as follows: FINAL FANTASY XI subscribers will receive their first 30 days of access without charge. Aside from Internet service provider access charges, the free trial period will begin on the date players create their first â€œContent IDâ€ or character. Any additional Content IDs purchased are also available without charge until the end of the free trial period. After 30 days, players can continue to play FINAL FANTASY XI by paying a monthly fee of $12.95 (USD) for one FINAL FANTASY XI character, and can create up to 15 additional characters for an additional charge of $1.00 (USD) per character, per month. Payment for monthly access charges must be made by credit card only (restrictions apply).
FINAL FANTASY XI for Xbox 360
Requirements for Xbox 360 version are as listed: Xbox Live account, Broadband connection (Xbox 360 does not support 56K connection) and Xbox 360 Hard Drive.
FINAL FANTASY XI: Treasures of Aht Urhgan for Windows
The minimum system requirements for FINAL FANTASY XI: Treasures of Aht Urhgan are as follows: Windows 2000/XP, Intel Pentium III 800Mhz or faster processor, 128MB RAM, DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card, DVD-ROM drive, 2GB (6GB of free hard disk space for stand alone product) free hard disk space, 56K or faster Internet connection, and GeForce series or Radeon 9000 series video card with 32MB of RAM. A DVD ROM drive is required to install Treasures of Aht Urhgan and the Vanaâ€™diel Collection.
FINAL FANTASY XI: Treasures of Aht Urhgan for the PlayStation 2
Published by Sony Computer Entertainment America, FINAL FANTASY XI for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system is pre-installed on internal Hard Disk Drive (40GB)(for PlayStation 2). Available for a suggested retail price of $99.00 (USD), the internal Hard Disk Drive attaches to the Network Adaptor (Ethernet/modem) (for PlayStation 2), which connects to both broadband or dial-up networks, and rests in the expansion bay of the PlayStation 2 console.
For updates and information on FINAL FANTASY XI.